Thursday, April 10, 2008

The 14months List

A shout out to my girl Angela who wrote the e-mail that gave me the idea for this blog. The trigger: "Good luck with everything you're trying to schedule into one year!"

So, what am I planning to do in 14 months? Here is a list, sort of in order of importance:

  • take care of my family- this doesn't just include hugs, kisses, making sure homework is done, and tucking in at bedtime, it also includes being executive/sous chef and busboy, housekeeper, taxi driver, events planner, and personal shopper.
  • continue to educate folks- I'm not sure what this will mean for the 08-09 school year... I am an educator who has been out of the classroom for a few years... because of the mess in public education, I am reassigned to the classroom BUT that honestly remains to be seen... hopefully, the Governator will pull his head out of his a** and stop the craziness...
  • go to grad school- this is why this is a 14 month project... in June, I will begin my masters program at a big, well-known, highly-regarded public university... it's an intensive, 14 month program in education... blah, blah, blah.
  • maintain the relationships outside of my immediate family- I am hoping this blog will help...
  • do The 3 Day in September and the Nike Women's Marathon (yes, the whole 26.2 miles) in October- I want to prove to myself and others that training for big physical events can be worked into an already busy schedule... this, of course, remains to be seen... I may also do the Muddy Buddy in June, the Catfish Swim in July, and the Swim-A-Mile for Women with Cancer... note: by "do" I mean "complete-without-injury-or-death"
  • continue knitting and being part of the knitting community, both here in my physical community, and on Ravelry, my virtual community... these are the things that will, hopefully, keep me sane.
OMG- is that IT? Really, in my head, it seemed like SO MUCH MORE. Oh, wait, there is one more... 
  • turn 40- OK, this is kind of silly because it just means I have to survive until October 12, 2008
When do the 14 months start? On June 20, 2008, I start classes. That is when the whole onslaught begins. Between now and then, I'll be preparing and posting my preparations here.

I sincerely hope that folks will read this blog and believe that they, too, can do it all, even though they may not choose to.

No comments: