Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why we laugh...

We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
- Japanese proverb

Yesterday afternoon my workgroup mate and I had a really good laugh about nothing educational, deep, profound, or sophisticated. We laughed in a way that made our eyes well up with tears and our jaws and stomachs hurt. And it felt really good. Really, really, really good. Apparently we needed it. Or, we were just so tired and strung out on sugar that was all we could do. 

I would recommend you do that in times of stress, but it's not something you can fake. It just has to happen, no matter where you are or what you're doing. But you certainly can't fight it.

We're all fools whether we laugh or not, so we may as well laugh.

1 comment:

andrea said...

my brother & i did that at the airport picking up my mom the other day. 3am will do that to you. we were seriously doubled over laughing so hard we were crying. in the "not allowed to go there" area of baggage claim. everyone thought we were sad & crying cause we couldn't stop. I love times like that :)